Follow me on Twitter

Monday, September 20, 2010

Picture Me: Film



Sena Cech - Image Courtesy of google search


A new controversial film has been released, that has shone light upon the exploitation and mistreatment of models. 


The film follows Top Model Sara Ziff, and other girls as they attempt to find their place in the Fashion industry. 


One of the models, Sena Cech, spoke with Gawker.com and shared some of her horrifying experiences. 


Cech stated that she was put in unhealthy situations by her agency, asked to give a photographer a hand job and that she'd been drugged at a blue-chip party. 


"I was invited to a Christian Dior party in Paris, and I got drugged there. It was a big party on Avenue Montaigne, and there were a lot of people. I thought, "Oh my gosh, John Galliano is going to see me." It was a small bar, really crowded and the line was like ten miles long. So some guy just handed me a bottle of champagne. I drank some and he disappeared. Soon after I felt really sick and had to run for the door. I ran out into Avenue Montaigne and cars were coming at me, but all I could see were flashing lights. I just knew I needed to get into a cab and out of there. Luckily someone who was working the door pulled me onto the sidewalk."


-Courtesy of Gawker.com


SO scary. Not every modeling experience is like this. I've got an amazing agency that makes sure we get paid, are treated with respect and most importantly, are safe. 


Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment