Follow me on Twitter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Letter from the Author

Lately I've intentionally tried to avoid anything "Fashion".  Not cloths wise... but more in the marketing sense that I'm no longer pulling Vogue or Elle off the shelf as soon as the delivery driver drops them off, or necessarily keeping up to date with whats on style.com.

It's not some form of rebellion, but started from me simply being busy dealing with non fashion related subjects. Then, it sort of segwayed into me feeling pretty okay with the way I looked without any particular knowledge of what's in and what's not.


But now I feel lost. 



I know I don't necessarily need Anna Wintour's creative team to tell me how to dress day-to-day, and my daily blog lovin' ritual has kept me afloat long enough.  But oh, how I would love to feel that fresh blast of inspiration from something creative.  I remember seeing Jac Jagaciak and Frida Gustavson for Marc Jacobs and thinking "YES!". But now (and it was inevitable) the washed out, cream and underdone look feels like just that- underdone. 


I've found refuge in Krystal Simpsons whatisrealityanyway.com, and ChampagneHangover.com. Photo Below. 


It's time to turn the page, dear readers. 


I am after all, moving to Paris. 


The MOD





No comments:

Post a Comment