Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, October 3, 2010

SERGE GAINSBOURG: A Tribute







I hope that none of you need me to explain who Serge Gainsbourg is, but I will just in case you missed the memo.

Serge was a singer/songwriter/actor/director/poet and most importantly an Icon. He fell in love with singer/actress Jane Birkin (Yes, the Birkin Bag) who became his muse throughout the 70's. They had a daughter, Charlotte Gainsbourg who now also a French actress and Icon. (She played Claire in the 2007 Tom Haynes biographical film about Bob Dylan.)

Serge and Jane made sleaze, dirty, sexy & heroine chic an art form. He created music that was more than art.  Gainsbourg died on March 2, 1991 of a heart attack. His funeral brought Paris to a standstill.

I love him, and I want him back.

I wanted to post these 2 together because 70's style is coming back, but more importantly because they are the epitome of timeless/cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment